[Old] A notice to all our new players about Low level Zones

9 Replies, 5487 Views

I've seen in the past few days many of our new players confused on what exactly has happened in Freedom Lore on the low level zones that contain PVP. I just wanted to clear up any confusion and let you know that we have not done those storylines yet and thus for the moment, the some events that happen in them have not transpired. Things like the Battle of Andorhal, The Silverpine storyline, Ashenvale, Hillsbrad and etc are what I'm talking about. they are either in progress or planned to happen at a later date.

Obviously this may make our lore seem a little weird but understand at the beginning of Cata most of the player base rushed to the High level zones and a majority the low levels zones where not done or left incomplete. The storylines are being fixed and reconstructed to represent them happening during the Mists timeline. These will most likely be events like those held during the week now to further empathize the many fronts the War is being fought on.

If you have questions about what is done, what is being done and what is planned to happen in the future feel free to ask in this thread or message me.
[url="http://w11.zetaboards.com/WoW_Freedom/forum/4130259/"><s></s>http://w11.zetaboards.com/WoW_Freedom/forum/4130259/

Also for any new people who haven't seen this section yet worth looking at.
But.. Some of them have been done. That's the issue. Hillsbrad, Southern Barrens, Stonetalon, parts of Ashenvale... Just as some examples.
[Image: k24z1WW.png?1]
What of the Forsaken assault on Gilneas? In my newbie opinion that has to have happened already, despite not being RPed out.

Yes?
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>SM-Steph</dt><dd>Mar 21 2015, 07:13:49 PM</dd></dl><div>But.. Some of them have been done. That's the issue. Hillsbrad, Southern Barrens, Stonetalon, parts of Ashenvale... Just as some examples. [/quote]I should probably rephrase that and say SOME of the low level PVP zones where not done. Things like Stonetalon and Southern Barrens where done. the Hillsbrad storyline I believe was not done as how it is on retail, IE the worgen rebels move into the area to stem the Forsaken army.
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>zackaroth</dt><dd>Mar 21 2015, 07:20:29 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>SM-Steph</dt><dd>Mar 21 2015, 07:13:49 PM</dd></dl><div>But.. Some of them have been done. That's the issue. Hillsbrad, Southern Barrens, Stonetalon, parts of Ashenvale... Just as some examples. [/quote]I should probably rephrase that and say SOME of the low level PVP zones where not done. Things like Stonetalon and Southern Barrens where done. the Hillsbrad storyline I believe was not done as how it is on retail, IE the worgen rebels move into the area to stem the Forsaken army.[/quote]Yeah I can't comment much about Silverpine / Hillsbrad. I just remember a lot of complaints going on at the time that the Forsaken storylines were all basically finished in the small gap we had before we moved to Cata.

If I might make a suggestion, it might be a good idea to have a "State of the War" post in the RP section if we don't want to say Cata stuff was done already. This would be a good reference for the new players and would also serve a purpose come MoP. Could just break it into "Northern EK (Arathi up), Southern EK(Wetlands down), Northern Kalimdor(Ashenvale up), Southern Kalimdor(Stonetalon down)", and just a brief synopsis of the main war story lines in those sections.
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>c0rzilla</dt><dd>Mar 21 2015, 07:18:45 PM</dd></dl><div>What of the Forsaken assault on Gilneas? In my newbie opinion that has to have happened already, despite not being RPed out.

Yes?[/quote]The Forsaken attacked the city during the worgen questline there and indeed driven back. When the treaty was enacted during the Twilight Highlands, the Forsaken still had forces fighting the rebels in the city because they did not recognize the those worgen as part of the Alliance. When the treaty was voided by Garrosh, the Forsaken mobilized their army to launch a full scale assault on the nation.

These events will be played this week and next week, culminating in the showdown with Crowley at the Greymane wall.
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>SM-Steph</dt><dd>Mar 21 2015, 07:26:02 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>zackaroth</dt><dd>Mar 21 2015, 07:20:29 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>SM-Steph</dt><dd>Mar 21 2015, 07:13:49 PM</dd></dl><div>But.. Some of them have been done. That's the issue. Hillsbrad, Southern Barrens, Stonetalon, parts of Ashenvale... Just as some examples. [/quote]I should probably rephrase that and say SOME of the low level PVP zones where not done. Things like Stonetalon and Southern Barrens where done. the Hillsbrad storyline I believe was not done as how it is on retail, IE the worgen rebels move into the area to stem the Forsaken army.[/quote]Yeah I can't comment much about Silverpine / Hillsbrad. I just remember a lot of complaints going on at the time that the Forsaken storylines were all basically finished in the small gap we had before we moved to Cata.

If I might make a suggestion, it might be a good idea to have a "State of the War" post in the RP section if we don't want to say Cata stuff was done already. This would be a good reference for the new players and would also serve a purpose come MoP. Could just break it into "Northern EK (Arathi up), Southern EK(Wetlands down), Northern Kalimdor(Ashenvale up), Southern Kalimdor(Stonetalon down)", and just a brief synopsis of the main war story lines in those sections. [/quote]I made a list of all the zones that contain Horde vs Alliance quests. I'll see if I can post a thread tommorrow explaining the state of war in those areas.
Alrighty. <E>Smile</E> Sounds good. I don't really assume much, but it would be nice just to have a little blurb explaining it. Even for older players knowing the state of such things can be iffy.
[url="http://w11.zetaboards.com/WoW_Freedom/topic/11066572/1/"><s></s>http://w11.zetaboards.com/WoW_Freedom/topic/11066572/1/