Good evening!

3 Replies, 3383 Views

Good evening! I've had an itch for World of Warcraft roleplay lately, but not quite feeling up for paying the subscription fee for an unmoderated setting like retail, I decided to poke around some friends I met on other private servers for any suggestions they had. What other private RP servers I've tried lately might have been moderated in terms of lore, but not so much in the way of community behaviour, which is admittedly a bit of a turn-off for me. My decision to move in with my friends on this server (and see about dragging my friends from the others with) didn't come too lightly.

It's a small world, and I see a few familiar faces here and there! It's admittedly been at least five years since I really invested in private servers, having had primarily played Final Fantasy XIV and retail for a terribly long stretch of time. I suppose I kind of miss the intensive and personalised storylines and plots you can only ever find with friends or a tight-knit community.

Oh, and I also do [really crappy] art now and then.

So, to questions!

- I see that the wiki appears to be out of order, is that a temporary maintenance or is it RIP in piece forever?

- How do blogs work on the forums, do people usually use them? Are they more of an OOC thing, or a IC journal thing?

- How open is the roleplay on the server, generally speaking? Are you able to simply walk into a village and be met with open roleplay, or is it more exclusive or guild based?

<del>I also seem to be having a butt-ton of trouble as a Windows 8 user trying to install this server in particular, so wish me luck. :S Maybe this wasn't meant to be haha</del> *Hacker voice* I'M IN
Hey there, Viannel, welcome to Freedom! Feel free to take some of this with a grain of salt since I'm new on the staff here, and don't know *all* the details quite yet, but from what I do know...

1. The wiki has been down for a while, and we're currently unsure when/if it will be brought back up.

2. We don't really have OOC blogs on the forums here, though we do have an RL Support channel on the discord if you ever need to vent about things IRL or to help others with their own issues/promote some good. We do have a section of the forums for IC journals/posts, namely the In-Character and it's subforum Storytime, either of which is useful for those sorts of things.

3. Generally it's good practice to ask if an RP is public if there's only a handful of people in the area, but most of the time if there's 4 or more folks in one spot it's open to just wander in. We do have a variety of guilds here, though many if not all are not secluded in their RPs, so those are also open to you joining.

Good luck with the technical issues, though, we're happy to have you here!
"You're right, we have people more imperfect than you." -the best out of context backhanded compliment from Bluelink
"You're either an incredibly legitimate idiot, or you're a very convincing spy." - Koragg
"Not just fired, I'm afraid you're to be hung. The badge is to keep your corpse pinned to the noose." - Dalikan
"I'm Blizzard's Asian Dad." -Bluelink
"You are who you choose to be." - Hogarth
Hey Viannel! Welcome to freedom =) I am an avid FFXIV player myself lately so its nice to see another fan!

With regards to some of the questions you asked, Zene did a pretty good job of answering them but I wanted to elaborate a little on a few:

1. With the wiki it has been down due to payment reasons, and we are currently looking into alternative wiki options that could potentially be meshed in with a new forums. Depending on how that goes we will not be putting up the wiki but if you had any character info on that wiki I can get the information for you.

2. While we dont have OOC blogs for specifically that on the forums, we do have the Random/off-topic section where you can create a new topic for various topics and we also have an art gallery for various forms of arts from our players if you wanted to include anything you can do so here: [url="http://w11.zetaboards.com/WoW_Freedom/forum/6007269/"><s></s>http://w11.zetaboards.com/WoW_Freedom/forum/6007269/ In addition to the RL-support section that Zene mentioned in the Discord. We also have the IC storytime/ IC sections that Zene mentioned.

3. Pretty much as Zene says here as well, we like to encourage players to ask in the general chats in-game and some make looking for RP call outs in the discord for open rp as well. Generally speaking its pretty open on the server, but it doesn't hurt to ask if a group of people are in a place that isn't necessarily public.
Hai Viannel! It's me, the overenthusiastic person that welcomed you on discord! Hehe.

See you ingame! :3
Spoiler:
[Image: c05642e188e479adb6263c460281cd50.gif]
I'm starting all over again, uh,
it is Monday.

IN MEMORIAM
[Image: JQyOsxK.jpg]