[Important} Cloaks and Next Year's Main events

0 Replies, 2176 Views

Legendary Cloaks

As you know by now, we have chosen our cloak wielders for MOP. I won't be listing them off but eventually people will find out who it is or be told by one of the future wielders. I just wanted to take a quick moment and explain the choosing process of cloak wielders and the ideas behind it.

First and foremost was activity and trustworthiness. These are the two biggest things we looked for. We needed people who were active enough on a single character. While we do try to promote people branch out and try different things with different characters, the legendary quest line is pretty much focused on having a single character. That character would have to be apart of major lore events happening in the future and we as the staff had to see a dedication to a player's character for that reason, especially since the cloaks are so class and spec based.

Trustworthiness is of course, the staff's second biggest priority. Now if you didn't get chosen it doesn't necessarily mean we do not trust you. But we had to make sure we would choose people who wouldn't abuse the powers and eventually the cloak that will be given to them. We also had to able to trust someone wouldn't just up and leave, either the character or the server and have us scramble for a replacement.

The second most important thing, after the above two, was faction. Yes, faction played a major role and will continue to play a major role for this xpac. The story of MOP centers around the Horde and Alliance war and really doesn't give any opening to neutrals who aren't apart of Pandaria herself, save for the initial zones. I told people at the start of this, is while neutrals would have plenty to do during the first half of MOP, it may exclude them from some things down the line.

Now how does this effect the cloaks? Well the cloak story-line is heavily centered around the faction war and thus we needed people who, while not loyalists, when push came to shove would fight for the Horde or Alliance. This was the toughest and the deal breaker sadly for a lot of people. While working with the other faction is fine against bigger threats, not being apart of one or the other would instantly take you out of the running for a cloak.

However, if you did not get a cloak do not worry. There are plenty of items to be gained in the upcoming raids and event lines. As we have shown at the mini party event we had on Sunday, those who are indeed dedicated will revive recognition for their efforts, even its not a cloak.

As a final note on this, we will be using the same method for the WOD rings, whenever that story-line but it will be much more flexible as it will not be restricted to Horde or Alliance.

If you have any question about the cloaks please do not hesitate to message me on Skype or in game.

Main Events.

Main event are over until January. Sts are free to use whatever days unless they are taken. There may be a few side events I plan to run but they are not part of the main story. Speaking of Main Events, as stated we will be starting our first round of raids in January. However, I am unsure whether or not to have them the normal Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday, as both Mogu'shan Vaults and Heart of Fear will require two days to do. I am going to be creating a thread and having people vote. This will not effect non raid events though. They will still be Friday/Saturday.