[Old] Starting Firelands Soon and Beyond

0 Replies, 1724 Views

Hey guys just wanted to give a small update here. As you know in a few weeks we will be starting the 4.2 storyline, Firelands. It seems like its been forever but we have finally made it to the next big content patch. I understand that alot of people have felt Cata content has been long in the tooth and I very much agree. However, unlike Wrath where we updated rather quickly, I cannot risk moving the storyline quicker because MOP servers are rather fickly and it will take some time to see if we can get one stable enough to work.

The Firelands storyline should take us till Feb to complete. It is pretty long and the holidays that happen in between will cause some delays. After Firelands is of course the Dragon Soul storyline and while I won't drag it out, I will be adding a few things to make sure we get the most out of it. After that it will most likely be up to the players to start creating content again as we try to see what can be done with MoP.

Another issue I wanna bring up is server activity. Yes, it has slowed down alot. We only had three people at the end of the Twilight of the Aspects event last weekend. It is a problem but not one with an easy fix, barring another server unexpectedly collapses. It is a very busy time of year for people. Holidays, work, school and the fact that WoW Retail just released a new xpac and there are other anticipated games about to come out as well.

Also keep in mind we are much older now and many of us have responsibilities we didn't use to have. I don't want to see Freedom empty, nobody does but for now we will have to try and wait this dry spell out. Once the new year starts the staff and I hope to start a recruitment drive to get some people on here. Maybe things will pick up when we start Firelands, who knows but is an issue I am aware of and it is an issue I am trying to solve.

That's for all for now, thank you guys for everything and as always if you have any questions or concerns don't be afraid to come to me.