[Important] Custom NPC Requests

1 Replies, 2432 Views

<small>Because I'm getting pretty good at it... <I><s></s>If I do say so myself...<e></e></I>

</small>

To make things a little simpler and more visible, I've finished and put up a quick request format for Custom NPCs, found [url="http://w11.zetaboards.com/WoW_Freedom/topic/11761751/1/#new"><s></s>here. Currently myself and the Devs are the only ones able to field these requests (which may change in the future), but anyone is able to send their requests to this forum. While it's primarily for storyline NPCs and to populate custom areas and, to a degree, player and guild bases... personal NPCs are not out of the question.

<del><COLOR color="#EE4A2D"><s></s>Please keep in mind that every addition of Custom NPCs requires a full server restart in order to reload the creature templates, so on average requests will be fielded as quickly as possible with restarts happening during hours of low server population.</del> Importing large numbers of NPCs may cause the server to lag dramatically and become slow to everyone online once the command to import them has been executed, which will last for a few seconds. Please submit your requests in a timely manner, so if you need NPCs for an event chain, submit your request days or weeks beforehand. Don't submit the request on the same day, as that may well be way too late for any of us to realistically be able to take care of it before the event.

Modifications, however, if the NPC information is faulty and needs to be corrected, doesn't require a full restart. Just a little something to keep in mind. <E>Smile</E>
Correction:

Apparently a restart isn't needed. Azeroc is God.

... Still, submit requests in a timely manner, please. <E>Smile</E> Less stress.