Emotes

5 Replies, 4542 Views

At the moment, spells are very restricted, especially for visual purposes.

I would like to suggest a command like .f emote or similar that would play an animation depending on the Id, I.e. .f emote 400 would make yourself dance. Not only are these emotes able to be permanent (and subsequently canceled if one talks or does another animation), with some of them, you can move around without losing the animation as well, such as 173, a woodchopping/mining animation, that would persist through walking.

It could work similarly to the .mod standstate command, but cancel itself once the animation is overriden.

I'm suggesting this for the sake of expressing actions with animations where spells cannot suffice, I.e. readying oneself for battle with a two-handed weapon, which I believe has no way to be held in the combat animation unless you target a hostile NPC, channelling magic without a pesky magic effect and sound and whatnot.
I'd love this. A few of my characters use 2H weapons, but there's no 2H idle anim spell. Using this would allow a greater degree of flexibility for melee characters.
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Pumpkinbot</dt><dd>Jun 18 2016, 12:31:05 PM</dd></dl><div> but there's no 2H idle anim spell[/quote]There actually might be! I was tinkering with emote/animation spells quite some time ago and might have found this. I'll check again and let you know. Either way, will forward this to the devs! :Up:
I have an entire Emote ID list that I can post on these forums if this comes through.
There is now a 2H idle anim! [Stand Ready], 128741. Thank you based staff!
There's also that dance animation that the ghosts in Karazhan do. I'd love that too.