Thinking about returning but...

7 Replies, 4414 Views

...how do I RP really sporadically and still feel involved? I'm about to finish up my last assignments this week and graduate next weekend, and after that I may have a little free time between tons of job applications and all of my other hobbies, but they still come first. Still, I'm lurking and seeing things I like but don't know how to fit back into the community if people will only see me every other weekend. frankerz
come back -now-
Consult the events section. Consult with the GM's or Story Tellers for advice, really just dive in when the mood hits, i'm sorry if that's not much help, but I hope i've given a few ideas.
Unfortunately I'm in the same kinda boat as you, mate. I actually haven't been able to properly RP on Freedom in... Probably over a month now. You can do what I do and hop on whenever you're able to attend events and do some casual RP, things like that. If you feel like you need to reintegrate with the community, hop on TeamSpeak when you can as well, chat and have a good time.
Welcome back!

Well making this thread was already a good step if you want to get involved.

RP is a hobby that everyone on this server shares. And we all know that often real life can come in the way of our Internet hobbies. No one is going to look down on you for not being super-active but Freedom is a tight-knit community. Even if you only come around to an event once a week or just hang out in the mall, forums, official Skype chat or Teamspeak I'm sure people will start to recognize you.

My schedule can get in the way of RP a lot and I have to miss a lot of events that I would've loved to go to. I've been here since early February but it wasn't until two weeks ago that I could attend one of the server storyline events that happen (mostly) every Saturday. It sucks that you'll miss events but as long as you have fun RPing when you do have the chance to attend events, what's the harm? You can RP as frequently or infrequently as you like.

I've gotten a lot of good RP despite a schedule that can be very limiting. There were eight events last week and while I was only able to attend two, I had fun at those two.

You can sometimes find casual RP at very odd hours, some events are hosted early and some are hosted late. If you like RP and wanna RP on Freedom I'm sure you can make it work. Find friends, check the [url="http://w11.zetaboards.com/WoW_Freedom/calendar/"><s></s>event calendar, log on when you're free, ask around if anyone wants to RP and you'll usually find someone willing to oblige.

With whatever you decide to do, best of luck with both your RL and RP pursuits.
Hey Geo!

I think Grouse got it just right. There's people who only come around every so often, not even regularly, and they're pretty recognisable and they fit in. I think Freedom as a community right now tries to include everyone in activities so all you gotta do is try, really! Doesn't even have to be 24/7.

Whatever you choose, we'll be here. You should hop on Teamspeak one of these days and say hi ^^
I'll RP characters that can be killed for events maybe!
Aaand I just found out my lease ends in 9 days rather than at the end of May and I have to find income + somewhere to sleep, so nevermind, not back. :C