Introduction

11 Replies, 6458 Views

Hello! I'm Biggrouse, completely new to this server after finding it through some searches. I'm no stranger to Warcraft RP though, having RPed in WoW (private and retail) since TBC and also RP maps in Warcraft III.

I'm mainly looking for a place with drama free, lore-friendly Warcraft RP. After perusing the rules and some of the RP-related posts I'm eager to RP here.

I have a few questions that I couldn't find answers to on the forums:

1. What timezone do most of the RPers here live in?

2. What's the best way to find RP here? How much RP should I expect to find?

3. How commonly is the /roll system used for RP combat?

Anyway, for now I can be found in-game on Jinn, though I'll definitely be making more characters as necessary. If anyone wants to RP or has a guild recruiting I'd love to hear more!
Oh, hey! Welcome to the server. Lemme take a crack at this.

1) I'd say most of us are East Coast Americans, although there are also a fair amount of western europeans as well as americans of most timezones (and our resident mexican, Lionclaw).

2) Generally, just looking on the who list and seeing where people are is a good way to find it. Then, you can ask people if it's open and, if it is, go to them. I find that the server usually has one or two places with some RP happening, so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

3) It's used for the weekly server events (which follow the retail questline through Pandaria) and a few events aside, but I'd say that most people are comfortable with trust.
[Image: 6H8JFlV.jpg]
The pine tree wastes which is perched on the hill,
nor bark nor needles shelter it;
such is the man whom none doth love;
for what should he longer live?
SotDRP represent. :Up:

1. Mostly Americans on the east side. There are also a bunch of europeans.

2. Best way to find RP would be:

a) Join a guild that looks interesting.

b) Look at the event timetable and attend one you like.

c) Hang out in the mall. If you like the cut of someone's jib or enjoy the RP they're talking about, maybe try to organise something with them and take it from there.

3) Depends on the DM. Generally rolls are only barely used in main storyline events hosted by the staff, but storytellers can obviously use rolls as they wish - so long as they actually inform people they'll be doing it that way before-hand, since some people aren't a fan of rolls much (myself included). General RP is typically done through just emotes.
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Biggrouse</dt><dd>Feb 7 2016, 08:48:47 AM</dd></dl><div>RP maps in Warcraft III

[/quote]SotDRP?

Welcome to Freedom!
Thanks to all three of you. Glad to hear about the timezone as I'm on the East Coast as well. I have never been very fond of rolls either.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Pepper</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>SotDRP?

[/quote]

SotDRP came out towards the end of my WC III RP career, though I did help test it and played it for a while. But by then the RP quality really took a hit. I RPed more on maps like AoDRP, DoBRP, HRP, so on, before the time of SotDRP.

I'll take a look at the guilds. Thanks again for the warm welcome.

EDIT: messed up quote
Welcome to the server. I hope you enjoy your stay!
Hey there! Welcome to Freedom ^^
WC3 RP <3
:::::::::Smile
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>33Vikings</dt><dd>Feb 7 2016, 08:55:20 AM</dd></dl><div>Oh, hey! Welcome to the server. Lemme take a crack at this.

1) I'd say most of us are East Coast Americans.[/quote]PERFECT! I'll be at home here, then. As far as timezones go, of course lol

Hail, good lad Biggrouse. It's good to see you and thank you for recommending me here.
Whalecum 2 the server
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Crow</dt><dd>Mar 17 2016, 10:44:12 AM</dd></dl><div>Whalecum 2 the server[/quote]I see we have fun here <E>Big Grin</E>

<COLOR color="#009900"><s></s>

excellent