Costum patch + Mac User

5 Replies, 4000 Views

Hello guys,

I have a problem which basically is, that I can't see, use or what not, the items spawned in the game by GMs, a.k.a. the items from Costum Patch (Freedom's) , even tough I placed it in my Data folder.

Worth mentioning it is that I am a mac user.

Please give me any advice at all other than bootcamp or wine bottler which do not work.

Thank you in advance.
Dude...

Your signature is a bit large.
Why doesn't WineBottler work and especially why doesn't Bootcamp work?

The problem with custom patches not loading on Mac is that mac client (World of Warcraft.app) does not have its security removed (the security blocks or goes as far as deleting custom content from your Data folder). To remove the security is to know reverse-engineering (which is Assembly Programming and how to edit .exes or .app machine code on advanced scale using very expensive programs, like Ida Pro) - due to this, WoW Private server developers have only bothered to remove protections from .exe files.

Ultimately, the best option is to run .exe through Mac, I would not be surprised that WineBottler might throw out few errors since it attempts to run .exe directly but Bootcamp should work as it literally creates Windows environment from where you can launch any executables you want.
And Bootcamp requires a Windows installer cd, correct ?

I don't have one and I didn't find any one of those online.
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Seawulf</dt><dd>Aug 30 2014, 12:39:32 AM</dd></dl><div>Dude...

Your signature is a bit large.[/quote]Better ?
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Severiusil</dt><dd>Aug 30 2014, 01:48:28 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Seawulf</dt><dd>Aug 30 2014, 12:39:32 AM</dd></dl><div>Dude...

Your signature is a bit large.[/quote]Better ?[/quote]Still too big