The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilelink_plain" - Line: 5 - File: D:\inetpub\wowfreedom-rp.com\f\inc\functions_post.php(946) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.13 (WINNT)
File Line Function
D:\inetpub\wowfreedom-rp.com\f\inc\class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
D:\inetpub\wowfreedom-rp.com\f\inc\functions_post.php(946) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error_callback
D:\inetpub\wowfreedom-rp.com\f\inc\functions_post.php 946 eval
D:\inetpub\wowfreedom-rp.com\f\showthread.php 1121 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $useravatar - Line: 5 - File: D:\inetpub\wowfreedom-rp.com\f\inc\functions_post.php(946) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.13 (WINNT)
File Line Function
D:\inetpub\wowfreedom-rp.com\f\inc\functions_post.php(946) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5 - File: D:\inetpub\wowfreedom-rp.com\f\inc\functions_post.php(946) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.13 (WINNT)
File Line Function

Alternative Download

6 Replies, 3190 Views

Is it possible to alternatively download the client? The torrent provided with the download package doesn't sufficiently gain speed enough to be a viable option.

From what I recall it was possible to download WoW normally and then stop at a specific patch and then download a version to version updater. Is this still possible?
Regardless what alternative you choose, it will most likely end up being a torrent and they will always be slow. Currently there are no known alternative torrents (Molten WoW torrent has problems with custom patches), however, you can still try to search for one using torrent searching sites like torrentz.eu
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Azeroc</dt><dd>Aug 27 2014, 10:08:27 AM</dd></dl><div>Regardless what alternative you choose, it will most likely end up being a torrent and they will always be slow. Currently there are no known alternative torrents (Molten WoW torrent has problems with custom patches), however, you can still try to search for one using torrent searching sites like torrentz.eu[/quote]I don't mind using torrents but nobody seems to seed them enough to gain any momentum. There's no possibility of using Discs to download WoW and then just stopping at say.. 4.1 and using a patcher to get to 4.3.4?

Update: The download has significantly increased in speed. Enough to make it a perfectly viable option. Although my question remains so that if anybody else has my problem or similar!
Once again - torrents are unstable in terms of upload or download speed, but from experience, you will definitely need to leave WoW download for a night or two.
You're looking at a 15-25 gig download from a handful of people with varying internet qualities. There's bound to be spots when the torrent slows down a lot.
I understand those things. I was just wondering if there was a more streamlined way of going about obtaining a WoW 4.3.4 without the need for a torrent. And now that I've garnered enough speed I was hoping to keep the discussion open for somebody else who was wondering the same. I was probably just a bit ambiguous (aptly named account!Wink. I apologize. Thank you, however.
I offered to torrent out the client I got installed and that I can see for a while. I dont think getting a client from a different source is going to be of any use, the one we have is all nicely patched up and whatnot.

But if any one wants to download the client from me and my fiber connection, be my guest and PM me on steam/forum/skype.