Hello

8 Replies, 5290 Views

Hey I'm new here. I go by the user name 'Vaereir' but my name is Dylan.

I never RP'ed on retail, but started my RP'ing in 2012 on Divinity-X, and now currently RPH (Which is kind of, bleh).

Anywho, I was wondering what this server is like.
Heya! Welcome to Freedom!

You'll find that we have quite a good bit of leeway to all manner of characters and situations. We've just recently moved up to Mists of Pandaria and have begun to get events rolling there! If you have any questions, all you need do is ask!

Enjoy yourself out there!
[Image: d8WtFo4.jpg]
Heyo and welcome to Freedom!
So some questions that I thought of since yesterday...

- Do you have phases (Player-created parts of the world), or is it all in one phase.

- What's the average play count on the server?

- Is the in-game community over all nice and reasonable (Willing to work through issues through civil discussion) or would you say there are small groups of people who tend to stick to them selves and their friends?

- NPC's, Weapons, Armor.. Do we have a forge available to us; or do we request for items to be made?

- How is the Alliance / Horde RP? Is it a mix of both, is there more then the other; do there tend to be a lot of 'neutral' encounters?

- How does the staff function here? Do they RP and Administrate? Or do they go beyond that and hosts events, come up with story lines, etc.?

- What time do people usually play? I'm on the East Coast of the U.S. (Eastern Standard Time) and get home about 3:30 PM and play till about 11:30 PM (That would be my range due to college work and shit.)
1. We do not have phasing that works, sadly. This means that all RP is likely to take place in the Main Phase that you start in. This also means that the overworld can be quite cluttered in terms of player/guild housing.

2. The average player count on the server can be sporadic depending on the times. A healthy chunk of the server is on Eastern Standard Time U.S. Give or take, most folks beyond that time zone tend to be active around there as well.

3. I would certainly say so! We encourage everyone to be civil and discuss things, but if it gets heated the Staff tends to step in to cool heads off. Typically we don't have to worry about it getting that far!

4. NPC's are about the only thing that can be made, easily, and we prefer to have a good reason as to why. I'm not wholly sure about Weapons and Armor, as I've never seen any made during my time here.

5. As with all severs, most people tend to idle on their Alliance or Neutral characters. This generally leads into Alliance or Neutral RP more than not. However! All one needs to do is ask for Horde RP and people will crawl out of the woodwork to take part!

6. The Staff, myself included, are constantly moderating and setting up new events and storylines, be they Blizz-Lore or otherwise! We also have our own characters and frequently RP with the rest of the server. Gotta have a little play time, right?

7. Answered this one, but I'll reiterate. A good portion of the server is from the Eastern Standard Time Zone. (-5) However, we have people from all over the world! From England to Romania, Australia to Hawaii and all over North and South America. Truly a melting pot.

Hopefully this has fed your curiosity and I hope to see you in game!
[Image: d8WtFo4.jpg]
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Chalker</dt><dd>Sep 29 2015, 06:10:52 AM</dd></dl><div>1. We do not have phasing that works, sadly. This means that all RP is likely to take place in the Main Phase that you start in. This also means that the overworld can be quite cluttered in terms of player/guild housing.

2. The average player count on the server can be sporadic depending on the times. A healthy chunk of the server is on Eastern Standard Time U.S. Give or take, most folks beyond that time zone tend to be active around there as well.

3. I would certainly say so! We encourage everyone to be civil and discuss things, but if it gets heated the Staff tends to step in to cool heads off. Typically we don't have to worry about it getting that far!

4. NPC's are about the only thing that can be made, easily, and we prefer to have a good reason as to why. I'm not wholly sure about Weapons and Armor, as I've never seen any made during my time here.

5. As with all severs, most people tend to idle on their Alliance or Neutral characters. This generally leads into Alliance or Neutral RP more than not. However! All one needs to do is ask for Horde RP and people will crawl out of the woodwork to take part!

6. The Staff, myself included, are constantly moderating and setting up new events and storylines, be they Blizz-Lore or otherwise! We also have our own characters and frequently RP with the rest of the server. Gotta have a little play time, right?

7. Answered this one, but I'll reiterate. A good portion of the server is from the Eastern Standard Time Zone. (-5) However, we have people from all over the world! From England to Romania, Australia to Hawaii and all over North and South America. Truly a melting pot.

Hopefully this has fed your curiosity and I hope to see you in game![/quote]Awesome! I love the quick, detailed response. Thank ye' thank ye'.
Hi there I know im late to the party but welcome to Freedom =D
On the items point, it's worth noting that you can now add equipment to your character via player commands (which includes all normal items and some hidden items), with the exception of Legendaries which are unavailable except through lore events. That means it's pretty easy to set up a new character with an appearance searching addon like MogIt (which I highly recommend) or just by having WoWhead open in another window.

If you think you'll want to add and puppet NPCs or build areas for a storyline, consider applying to be a Storyteller. I'd say wait a few weeks and get a feel for the RP climate of the server before you do, just so you get the chance to settle in first. It's something to think about though if you liked that part of your old server.
Hi fellow Dylan.