[MoP] DC corruption?

3 Replies, 2928 Views

So! I was idling in the Mall while playing a different game while waiting on things (as often), I DC'd. My ISP had to reset my router (and all other customer's routers) due to a couple of DDoS attacks on their DNS servers.

So I DC'd, and when I tried to get back on, it gave me the "This account needs to be converted" message. I replaced my old data files with the ones in the connecting guide and it got fixed.

Yesterday my ISP got DDoS'd and I DC as well. I had the same message when trying to get back on and used the same fix.

My guess is that the DC somehow corrupted several important fileses.
"Both sides are going to shit on each other for a year, then some other giant apocalyptic force will stop by, and we'll find common ground in kicking the shit out of that." -Mirran

"Heroes die. I'm just a woman with a gun." -Sil

" ...... So dating involves killing two creatures, ripping open their chests and... connecting hearts? [Low] Mortals are weird." -Xanea

"I always have an emergency potato in my pants." -All sensible Dutch folks

Spoiler:
[Image: Bf2pwhB.png]

Oh my!

This is a very interesting idea. <Snaps on goggles>

I will preform some testing, in the mean time, try just clearing the chache in your data folder next time instead of replacing the whole folder and see what that does for ya!
If it happens again, I will. I honestly hope it won't, though.
"Both sides are going to shit on each other for a year, then some other giant apocalyptic force will stop by, and we'll find common ground in kicking the shit out of that." -Mirran

" ...... So dating involves killing two creatures, ripping open their chests and... connecting hearts? [Low] Mortals are weird." -Xanea

Spoiler:

I had the situation again after a long time not having it. I cleared my cache and it seems to be fixed properly now.

Spoiler: