Phasing System

3 Replies, 3302 Views

Recently, I was looking for a home for one of my characters in Pandaria. The trouble with that is most of the houses are already claimed by Named NPC's. And because of this shortage of houses for players, I believe that a phasing system for these places should be implemented to give the player(s) the houses they want without them still having lore value to them, via being in some other part of the world just in this own personal phase, be their own home in some other part of the area they are in. This would also help to expand how large the world is, compared to what we actually see in-game.
Sorry, gonna have to say no to this. This was an issue that was thought up pretty early on when before we launched Mists. We knew some players would want a house in Pandaria however, we did not want the area being dotted with house that weren't in use as is the siuation on the mainland.

Phasing was thought as a cure to this but in the end it was decided not too considering we'd have to give players phasing commands, keep track of what is in whos phase basically too much work for houses that might get abandoned in the long run. We may allow housing in Pandaria proper in the future for the time being those who want a house there will have to wait
If I might be so bold as to suggest something done on CotH- we would move NPCs to a nearby external location of desirable buildings and homes, so that said locations could be used for RP without disrupting any meta/OoC flow.

Its probably low on the priority list atm, but this worked well for us.
That's fine but at this point for Pandaria we dont want people to claim things yet because we've yet to even really experience anything, however I'm not opposed to people using houses it's just certain things like Karazahn for example, are not on the list of usable places regardless if there are npcs there currently or not. In terms of mists we have yet to really discuss okay-to-rp and use homes, and places that are not okay. In conclusion, give us some time <nods>