New?

27 Replies, 14715 Views

So I found this server through casual mention on another server. I'm still digging around to see if it's my thing.

How crazy custom is the lore here?

How far can it be bent?

What classes/roles/etc need to be worked for or applied for?
[Image: eYD3aXP.jpg]
Hey there! <E>Big Grin</E>

It's not that crazy custom from what I've seen. So far I haven't really run into any major deviations from canon retail lore. I know there have been some, but none of them have impacted me directly thus far. Someone else should probably pitch in who knows more than I do. I found [url="http://w11.zetaboards.com/WoW_Freedom/forum/4130259/"><s></s>this, though, so that's something?

As far as what kinds of classes and whatnot you can play... Mostly anything, within reason. I've seen plenty of the RPG classes out and about, and there's a Morph system in place that you can find [url="http://w11.zetaboards.com/WoW_Freedom/topic/11118482/1/#new"><s></s>here. Some things need to be applied for (with a varying amount of effort) in order for them to be played, but there's a lot of stuff that can be played from the get-go. The Tier 0 morphs, for instance, don't even really need an application. You just petition the staff for the Morph command with a ticket and it's all clear.

Hope that helps! And I hope you feel like sticking around. <E>Smile</E>
Well. I have two characters that I'd be bringing here, or rather one or the other. I have a good feeling about which one would be more widely accepted.

That particular one is a half-high elf Templar of the Argent Dawn. RPG class that's basically a super paladin - can do stuff like holy lightning and is mostly secretive on what they are. He's on the older age spectrum - I always tend to play him in his 80s-90s, which for a half-elf is almost at the elder/venerable age. Anyway, he's my Neutral Good sort. My only hesitance to bringing him is a lack of RP that'd dictate him being somewhere. He's not particularly aligned with the Alliance, despite being born of Kul Tiras.

The other character is another half-elf, but of a magic variety. Sometimes, he appears as a true neutral warlock who does a lot of stuff based around the trope of the Xanatos gambit. Other times, he's...far off on the scale. The last non-warlock incarnation was a ley walker/dragonsworn. I did this on a less standard-focused server, but I tried to keep him toned down not to piss off people. Tho, with friends? We did some very lore twisty stuff. But all in the name of fun.
Methaniel Asen'Eth of RPH? Welcome to home of Nefeli, AKA Romeo, AKA Felix.

And the home of Kelcie, if you remember me, from Silverdale Promontory!
i am he, the boner lord.

Sorry, I had to be unserious for one moment. Nefeli is here? Neat!

And I sort of remember you, yeah,
Nefeli is not here. I'm pretty sure he's banned on every RP server ever. But he is very sad to see that you are here, without having the ability to join you.
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>mithaniel</dt><dd>Jul 21 2015, 03:51:02 PM</dd></dl><div>Well. I have two characters that I'd be bringing here, or rather one or the other. I have a good feeling about which one would be more widely accepted.

That particular one is a half-high elf Templar of the Argent Dawn. RPG class that's basically a super paladin - can do stuff like holy lightning and is mostly secretive on what they are. He's on the older age spectrum - I always tend to play him in his 80s-90s, which for a half-elf is almost at the elder/venerable age. Anyway, he's my Neutral Good sort. My only hesitance to bringing him is a lack of RP that'd dictate him being somewhere. He's not particularly aligned with the Alliance, despite being born of Kul Tiras.

The other character is another half-elf, but of a magic variety. Sometimes, he appears as a true neutral warlock who does a lot of stuff based around the trope of the Xanatos gambit. Other times, he's...far off on the scale. The last non-warlock incarnation was a ley walker/dragonsworn. I did this on a less standard-focused server, but I tried to keep him toned down not to piss off people. Tho, with friends? We did some very lore twisty stuff. But all in the name of fun.[/quote]Seems pretty a-okay to me, based on what else I've seen. Both of them, that is.
I have bad luck :c Nefeli was a neat character.

My templar is dead on another server, and I can't play either character on the one that mentioned this one.

Hreh.

EDIT: The ley walker/dragonsworn was uh. At one point, he was half-night elf and immortal. I'd scrap those bits for Freedom, as those are definitely wacky.

But good to know that I could feasibly bring him over with tinkering.
It's great to have you here, Mith. I'd recommend looking into the Kal'Delar. A great guild with some great people - so it might suit the Mithaniel that I am familiar with.

Also, I'll be hosting various event chains if i can stir up some magically inclined RP. My current one is full, but I'll make sure to have room for you if you stay.
Welcome. Hope you enjoy yourself here.

We do have some custom lore and more liberal character concepts, but nothing on that level. If you're thinking to make a character (or port one over from another server) and you suspect it may potentially be controversial, then I think the best thing to do would be to first post a thread in 'Contact the staff' asking about it. :Up:
Welcome to the server mithaniel, should you have any questions about lore the staff team is very friendly here and are always here to help.
Welcome to Freedom!
It'll be a while before I'm able to access the game. Getting 5.4.8(?) will take me a while, I think.

As for my characters, the more Warcraft friendly one was my templar, while my variant magic caster depended. Still, I'll make sure to contact the staff to double check. I did have a...interesting background for the not-so lore friendly version of Asen'eth.
nah, we won't officially be on MoP until the first of august.
Egh. I don't want to download two different patch eras just to play here. If I do come about for sure, I'll wait until August.