Question and a proposal to the staff.

4 Replies, 3457 Views

So while at work today, it occurred to me that I spend too much time in front of the computer without having a chance to pursue my things that need doing on the server, for that i want to ask...I want to have a play-by-post forum, or thread or something where I can essentially host events, and players can partake in a play-by-post way. I don't think it'd be very rules heavy, apart from what is already enforced on the server.

This is mostly because some times it's hard to host events in game when your players can't be on every day - I think this would be a great way to kill downtime, and it provides a measure of observation to verify the legitimacy of the RP.

I personally want to try this out with my up and coming events for my players as a storyteller, while also still hosting things in game. Maybe other people who have been facing this problem can benefit from this idea as well.
I'm not sure if this is a suggestion to the staff to open up a new forum section (And if it is it should be moved to the proper section) or if you are just discussining it, either way you're in luck because setting up your own board is free and pretty easy for people who want to do this.

[url="http://www.zetaboards.com/"><s></s>http://www.zetaboards.com/
I realize that i didn't ask any question or even coherently convey my idea in any way. I wrote it up in like a minute.

1) would this RP be considered canon?

2) Could we somehow do this on the freedom forums?

3) You can move this to the suggestion section, because I forgot we had that.
Basically, he's requesting a section on the forums for Freedom-based forum RP, if I'm understanding properly. This is due to time zones and work schedules getting in the way of gathering the people at the proper time. Since post-based RP tends to go very slowly, this would provide more of a time-killer than anything, unless time zones get in the way like they are for Dave.

Although I agree this should be in the suggestions section of the forums.
[Image: k24z1WW.png?1]
I think we've had such things in the past on the old forums, haven't we? The only issue is, unless they are limited to only a few people with a posting order, they tend to get pretty messy and chaotic.

What would it actually be about? Do you have some kind of adventure in mind, or would it just be social RP sorts of things?