Moving to new forums!

8 Replies, 6411 Views

Hey guys, as I said in the discord we are officially moving forums. Its no secert that zetaboards has been showing its age recently so the time is now to begin moving over now. The process is already underway and we are transfering all current posts and accounts to the new forums. Things should be done by around Tuesday(11/20) or Wednesday(11/21) so if you have anything you want saved or want to post the time to do so is now. If you have any questions feel free to ask me or another staff member.
When you ask if you want anything saved, what's being lost if we're moving to another forum? You mentioned transferring current posts and accounts. Do you mean stuff like private messages?
To be more accurate, anything public-facing will be transferred over. Posts should no longer be made on Tuesday or else they risk not being transferred. PMs will not be transferred, however!
Try to never just say, "My character isn't interested in that adventure." A lot of people mistake this for good roleplaying, because you are asserting your character's personality. Wrong. Good roleplaying should never bring the game to a screeching halt. One of your jobs as a player is to come up with a reason why your character would be interested in a plot. After all, your personality is entirely in your hands, not the DM's. Come up with a reason why the adventure (or the reward) might appeal to you, no matter how esoteric or roundabout the reasoning. -(Source)
I'm going to begin the process soon, so please refrain from making any posts for now! I will post a link to the new forums once they are in a workable state.

Be aware that formatting for posts will likely be quite messy, as when I did a test run of it earlier in the year, posts retained HTML formatting that Zetaboards seems to use which doesn't convert over into BBCode. So, you may have to go any 'prettify' any posts of yours that you want to look nice (particularly guide posts or any recent/active posts/threads).
Try to never just say, "My character isn't interested in that adventure." A lot of people mistake this for good roleplaying, because you are asserting your character's personality. Wrong. Good roleplaying should never bring the game to a screeching halt. One of your jobs as a player is to come up with a reason why your character would be interested in a plot. After all, your personality is entirely in your hands, not the DM's. Come up with a reason why the adventure (or the reward) might appeal to you, no matter how esoteric or roundabout the reasoning. -(Source)
Ported over, now testing.

Test.
Move complete.

Forum is fully functional, though please report any bugs you find to us. We'll be around in the coming days to both help format the broken posts around the boards and help people connect to their accounts and recover their passwords.

Please spread the word to those who don't use Discord. Smile
These are some awful familiar-feeling forums you got here. Could just about lie down and have a nice long nap in them.
(11-22-2017, 09:51 AM)Tejibesh Wrote: These are some awful familiar-feeling forums you got here. Could just about lie down and have a nice long nap in them.

LOL, so we've been told. It's using the same forum software as CotH did so there's bound to be some resemblance. This theme and layout is temporary as we figure out how to make it more neat, though. For now, we've focused on making sure all the functionality of our old forums transfer to these ones and everything is set up correctly before we go into the nitty gritty or take care of flavour and aesthetics. Smile

It's a WIP, for sure, but we hope to add more to the forum as we go, now that we have the means to actually customize it the way we want to.
I was gonna say that this set up was wicked familiar.
[Image: d8WtFo4.jpg]