A goodbye but not forever!

10 Replies, 7273 Views

It has been a good three years here on freedom as a GM but as I get into the bulk of my degree, I will be needing to take on a second job as part of my degree requirement as I will be placed into the field of Social Work inaddition to full-time classes and my other job. I will be stepping down sometime in late December. I am not saying goodbye on the server forever, but I do think it is time that I retire as a GM. I don't make this decision lightly, I want to continue serving freedom and all freedom players but with my schedule and schooling I want and need to be able to dedicate to that. I have grown to love all of freedom and their players and I hope in this new chapter I can be able to focus on my RL and then be able to come to freedom for leisure and to solely RP again as that is something I have sadly missed out on as a staff member. I appreciate all of the support and love I have gotten for the years, it means a lot to have made friends especially during low times in my life where I had none. I hope to see you all in game and look forward to RP!
Talona you're the best. Probably my first friend I made after coming over to this server and one of the kindest people I know. It'll be sad to see you step down but I'm glad you're taking the time for yourself! School is important and so is taking the time to actually RP on the server you've dedicated years to. Here's to a good future and stuff!
Good luck with school, my friend.
[Image: lmNk3qA.gif]
"Can you do that vegetable thing?" - Mirran to Kazuni 2k17
"Swift fighters, I applaud the efforts. But I am far sturdier than a meme man." - Malthik Dren, 2k18
Best of luck in all your endeavors! I hope school goes well for you!
Good job. See you again, Space cowgirl. : )
Good luck with everything, and thank you for everything you've done for Freedom and its community! You'll be sorely missed, even if you'll still be around as a player.
Shelby you were a positive presence for me when i first came to this server. You helped me feel welcome and were always positive. You've always been a friend with who i could confide in. You were also my mentor as a GM through my training. I'll always remember you fondly as a friend and tutor. Stick around, you'll always a friend in me. Also i wish you luck throughout the rest of your education as well!
I know it seems like a double-edged sword -- but I'm eager to see you step down. There's a sense of accomplishment that comes with an administrative position. I believe things are... a lot easier when you're on the bottom though. Teams can be messes, toxic messes, and I hope you get far away from anything here that might drag you down. I hope that when you come back to roleplay, you're treated as an equal. I know personally it can be a little bit awkward, at least that was my case, I hope it's not the same for you. Of the people I've bumped into on this server, might sound stupid, but I've always wanted to get to know you better. I know our interactions were few (and usually over something stupid I've done), but I genuinely like you, I think you're a great person, and I want you to go far.

Perhaps now you'll be able to experience a heightened sense of... Freedom?

Who's going to talk me down now when I mess up again? I don't know how to get your attention other than getting angry at GMs.

Japes and jests aside, you're a delight, and certainly were my favorite presence on the GM team. The metaphorical heart. May you be happier wherever your life takes you. Good luck with work.
It's so sad to see you stepping down. You were one of the people who understood where I'm coming from, and even though I am oftentimes not making it easy on the staff, you somehow knew a direct way towards me. I really have a lot of respect for the things that you did for Freedom and for the people, so... I hope you'll return back to GM! That is, if you even want to, after school and the other stuff that you do. Nontheless, good luck out there. *hug*
Spoiler:
[Image: c05642e188e479adb6263c460281cd50.gif]
I'm starting all over again, uh,
it is Monday.

IN MEMORIAM
[Image: JQyOsxK.jpg]
Good fields to get into, you'll do great.
I was really happy to see you as a GM when CotH went down because you were that one person who welcomed me when I visited Freedom so I thought you were a great fit and you have been, although I do have to say I haven't gotten to RP with you much, so I look forward to it! You're a hard worker so I don't even need to wish you good luck with the degree stuff probably.