The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1640 - File: D:\inetpub\wowfreedom-rp.com\f\showthread.php PHP 8.1.13 (WINNT)
File Line Function
D:\inetpub\wowfreedom-rp.com\f\inc\class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
D:\inetpub\wowfreedom-rp.com\f\showthread.php 1640 errorHandler->error_callback
D:\inetpub\wowfreedom-rp.com\f\showthread.php 915 buildtree

Hello Hi!

9 Replies, 5268 Views

Hey Fel I just wanted to answer some of these, I know some of it was partially answered but I wanted to give something more concrete from the Staff ^^

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>What I mean by question number 4 is for example: If an evil dude decides he wants to rule the entirety of Duskwood, how far would you allow this evil dude to go?[/quote]

We wouldn't bar the idea, it simply depends on how you go about the idea. Typically we would want this to be progressed, it couldnt be a situation where your PC evil warlock decides to take over duskwood over-night. We would want to see storylines made out of this, we may be open to allowing some control but it would be more or less temporary because of IC circumstances and consequences will come into play. Once the power is shifted there would be IC follow-up to shift it back to original status. So as a storyline this is a plausible idea if its done in reason, but if its something you would want a character to ICly take-over, control, and maintain control of for an extended period of time, that is less plausible.

TLBig GrinR The Idea wouldnt be disallowed but it would be expected to be progressed to that point over time, and it would have to be temporary to shift it back to the control of whats supposed to be there. Something like this would be better for a storyline as opposed to a character concept wherein you don't intend for the character to reap consequences.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Another example could easily be taken directly from some of the retail RP where people claim to have some type of family ( however branched ) connection to a lore character ( for example Redpath or Menethil (lol) ) [/quote]

We currently do not allow relations to Lore Characters at all.

About the Murlocs, yes you could play an intelligent Murloc, they are from my knowledge of the lore, rather intelligent as is, they have their own society and systems, (C0r gave a good example of that with their presence in archaeology), and they have the capability to speak other languages. They just end up getting taken advantage of by larger forces. However, even if Murlocs were not intelligent we have allowed players to propose a way for a typically non intelligent/sentient creature to be sentient/intelligent, of course this would have to be done in a manner where intelligence/sentience is an outcome and not started with.

For example: Arcane Experimentations upon a Lynx to explain how they are abnormally intelligent/sentient would be a better explanation than saying they were born that way or that they evolved that way.

Messages In This Thread