The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1640 - File: D:\inetpub\wowfreedom-rp.com\f\showthread.php PHP 8.1.13 (WINNT)
File Line Function
D:\inetpub\wowfreedom-rp.com\f\inc\class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
D:\inetpub\wowfreedom-rp.com\f\showthread.php 1640 errorHandler->error_callback
D:\inetpub\wowfreedom-rp.com\f\showthread.php 915 buildtree

Player Character Emote ID command?

7 Replies, 5673 Views

I was just wondering about having a version of the NPC ID command that would apply to a player's own character model. (presumably with a subcommand to make it loop or be a one-off)

Players could pick a sit animation that better suits their characters, characters could be in a talk loop when they're talking and an eating animation when at the table. Visually attacking while they're supposed to be attacking, etc.

There's also some possibility of being a little creative with the emotes with specific races- the hold rifle emote on male draenei looks like one shrinking away from something disturbing, the Belf female dragonstomp looks like someone agrily slamming their foot when out of battle context, and female Forsaken get the coolest unarmed ready pose with a geist-like crouching loop.

And it would be nice for players of male orcs and trolls to be able to have their characters stand at full height every once and a while.

Considering a lot of characters have their own quirks and such, I could see players having a few macro buttons set up for their character- curious sorts using the "look around" stand idle, a serious soldier-type using the shuffling/turn to the left/right animation as their "dance" and the likes.

The two questions for the staff are:

Would yall be comfortable with everyone having this power? I would, considering the other stuff characters can do on this server, but its down to GM discretion of course.

And, of course, how feesiable is this? I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult, but I don't know how this core, general WoW and the current programmer stuff specific to Freedom. For all I know, Player Characters could be super different from normal NPCs and this would involve creating from scratch new states/spellIDs for each thingie. I don't want to push for a new feature if its going to be a ton of work right with all the MoP stuff.

And then there's the issue of general emotes overriding the player-picked loops, like talking activating the appropriate talk emote.... Its a "you tell me" situation, for sho.

Messages In This Thread