<Edit : This topic is currently obsolete, for now>

6 Replies, 4997 Views

EDIT 2: Looking into data loss issue solutions. Will update in 7 days.

For now, we dissolved our download links. Apologize for <del>my incompetence</del> inconvenience <E>Big Grin</E> . Please try other alternative ways.

[ Entire page is wiped, to avoid future confusion ]
Nice solution for the inactive torrent and picky Google Drive download. 10/10
Not sure if it's just me, but a few volumes of data files in each part were corrupt when I tried to unpack them. (Part 2 was completely unusable.) <E>Sad</E>
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Velial</dt><dd>Jan 28 2017, 10:10:40 AM</dd></dl><div>Not sure if it's just me, but a few volumes of data files in each part were corrupt when I tried to unpack them. (Part 2 was completely unusable.) <E>Sad</E>[/quote]Same! Part 2 and part 4 are completely corrupt for me, despite redownloading them 3 times using Chrome and another time using Windows's regular IE. :C Even tried one of those chrome download manager extensions.

Unfortunately, Google's Drive is terrible with its networking errors and other shennanigans.

I'll try just downloading the 29 pieces collection, (Auch!Wink though appreciate the efforts to shrink the download bits! (Just thought I'd report in on my failed attempt and hopefully save someone some time in the future. Or maybe it can be fixed, somehow.)

(And yes it has been a while. *Lurks*)
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Vanora</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>...Part 2 and part 4 are completely corrupt for me...[/quote]

My apologies. We are unsure what caused such. But we already deleted our files, so people may go straight to the official download page, right away.

In case you are curious:

Indeed, small fractions of data are lost, during compression processes. I use ordinary zipper, and didn't use lossless compression or anything.

1 split had not brought any trouble. I don't remember testing 4 split, before uploading them, though; Which is very bad practice, whether that caused issue or not. <E>:x</E>

/emote duck behind some bunker against incoming condemn

Also, if connection isn't stable enough, you can lose more data, or get incomplete pieces, during download -- and get trouble later -- even if source file isn't corrupted. Torren has some kind of safety measures, to help reducing this. But, my god, you gotta find a seeder.
That's quite alright! I got it working in the end, just thought I'd post the update in case anyone else was looking to join~

It was a nice attempt! I'd rather download 5 files then 29. ^.~
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Vanora</dt><dd>Jun 1 2017, 10:07:24 AM</dd></dl><div>...I'd rather download 5 files then 29. ^.~[/quote]I also recently heard, the 5-split-way is quite popular choice.

I am bringing this to consult with other people.

I don't know problem's root yet, but I want to make sure, that I am not giving yet-another-troublemaker-file.