WoW Freedom

Full Version: 2017/2/26 - Various changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So although I do realize there is an existing development thread, I've always made a new topic with additions in the past so folks are able to post replies if they desire without screwing up a pristine changelog thread. This is also a bit of a belated thread, since I did not make one for my earlier code changes.

Near the beginning of this month, I ported over some commands (among other things) from my CotH code that include:

.playlocal - A Storyteller command that will play the specified sound file (You can check [url="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16gISR2d1j7E0hF-zB_Yz2pTaCfJTebjmHe0V9-kMnAA/edit?usp=sharing"><s></s>this spreadsheet, but bear in mind it is very large) to all players in visual range.

.cast player - A Storyteller command that you can use on a targeted NPC that will cast a specified spellID on the character name specified.

.npc return - A Storyteller command that will make the targeted NPC return to its spawn point.

I also made scale and morph commands persistent so you do not have to set them each time you log in. With morphing, be sure to use .f demorph if you wish to clear the persistent morph ID you have saved.

Tonight's changes include persistent pet scaling:

.f petscale - A command that will change your pet's scale to the specified value (uses the same restrictions as normal scaling), also making it persistent. Using 'reset' as the value (ie, .f pet reset) will set your pet's scale to normal.

Another change that I had implemented that was on CotH was infinite view distance for WMOs and generic GObs (such as trees); however, the amount of GObs that can be in a custom area was presumed to be the cause of intermittent server lag since implementing it, so it has been disabled with tonight's changes. I did change the infinite viewdistance to a toggle in the server config, so if we wish to test it again in the future, it is easy for us to enable it again, now.

Lok'Tar!
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>.cast player - A Storyteller command that you can use on a targeted NPC that will cast a specified spellID on the character name specified.[/quote]

Does this apply to any spellID available, or is there a hidden spreadsheet for it as well?

EDIT: There seems to be a problem on some pets and with their scaling - on my Orc I tried to use the pet scale, but instead it removed the wolf as being a pet, to a blue NPC, and keeps crashing the client, not even allowing me enough room to delete the said npc.

On a rolled Dwarf Hunter, .f petscale without a problem.
I know we already resolved the crashing issue (though I'm still a bit stumped as to why it only affected your orc), but as far as the .cast player command is concerned, it follows the same rules as the other default .cast commands. Therefore, any spellID. <E>Smile</E> I intend to create a spreadsheet with a list of all SpellIDs updated for Legion, but in the meantime you can take a look at [url="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14n55GknCo-ZfKmcvLNdQs92LF6I077BUAdfwrcGRdCU/edit?usp=sharing"><s></s>this spreadsheet if you wish for a list of Cata spells.