WoW Freedom

Full Version: MOAR PATCHES
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As development goes along into MoP, there has been talk of the WoD models patch (this would be a godsend, if we could have it.)

It's a fine idea, as is the idea of an updated GO patch for MoP (and possibly WoD?) objects.

However, this is a different suggestion all together. I think we should have a section and a guide dedicated specifically to custom patches. These patches dont' necessarily need to be made by us - they can be from third party modding sites, and we could sort of have a "freedom favorites" list for these additional content patches.

And for the record - what is the possibility of worldbuilding in MoP? Are there programs that allow it, as well as to make new patches? Just a thought, as it sounds like something I'd want to personally do and share.
Personally, I say no to WoD objects. I think the only plausible thing is the models, but I am very much against any object being implemented. DMCA
Thanks for the suggestions!

Let me just answer what I can as I read them!

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>WoD models patch[/quote]

It is unclear yet if we will be posting a way to get your hands on a WoD Character model patch, but that patch doesn't require anything but for you to drop the patch in to your data folder, and should be pretty easy to google.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>updated GO patch for MoP[/quote]

This is 98% happen on release, or a week after since we will need to spawn things for MoP

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>(and possibly WoD?){Objects}[/quote]

Nope. It is the rumor that WoD Objects in a patch is what got CotH shutdown, and we would rather be safe then sorry. (And just because RPH has them doesn't mean we will.)

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div> I think we should have a section and a guide dedicated specifically to custom patches. These patches dont' necessarily need to be made by us - they can be from third party modding sites, and we could sort of have a "freedom favorites" list for these additional content patches.[/quote]

I agree, we should have a talk about custom patches moving in to MoP and I will bring this up in the next staff meeting.

As far as a place to post and have guides? We have this thing [url="http://w11.zetaboards.com/WoW_Freedom/topic/10458386/1/"><s></s>Here and as far as I'm aware everything (excluding texture & model swaps) needs a SQL entry and would be therefor added by us and on that list anyway.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div> what is the possibility of worldbuilding in MoP? Are there programs that allow it, as well as to make new patches? Just a thought, as it sounds like something I'd want to personally do and share.[/quote]

Interestingly, the people who Program [url="http://nogg-it.blogspot.com/"><s></s>Noggit have a version for 5.x.x in development but its not functioning last I heard, but if it was we would likely use it.
RPH has the WoD objects patch, how come they didn't get shut down?
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Phoenix</dt><dd>Feb 3 2015, 08:26:28 PM</dd></dl><div>RPH has the WoD objects patch, how come they didn't get shut down?[/quote]One is a relatively new server, one is one of the longest standing RP servers. Chances are RPH isn't even on Blizzard's radar right now.

That said, we can't be sure exactly what it is, but risking everyone's work going to waste for some pretty objects is sort of silly. I know I'd rather things be safe than have WoD objects.
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>SMRocky</dt><dd>Feb 3 2015, 08:30:28 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Phoenix</dt><dd>Feb 3 2015, 08:26:28 PM</dd></dl><div>RPH has the WoD objects patch, how come they didn't get shut down?[/quote]

That said, we can't be sure exactly what it is, but risking everyone's work going to waste for some pretty objects is sort of silly. I know I'd rather things be safe than have WoD objects. [/quote]I agree. It's a very minor thing and not worth the risk.