WoW Freedom

Full Version: Builders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I recommend we have dedicated builders that can build in place of GMs and Storytellers.

I say this because Storytellers are given powers to build and construct around their events. Nothing more unless given permission so adding things like buildings for people who just want a house or a small setup or maybe just for a base.

If we have a builder rank, they can be given the ability to spawn and construct so Storytellers don't need to spend their time doing such.

This is the idea, we can have a thread where people commission a small project or even a medium or large one and when a GM approves, they can contact the builders. There would be two builders who then build by the details given by the specifications of the player's thread or detailing to the GM. After the builder is done, it would be inspected by a GM or not to see if it's up to the detail the player wanted.

It doesn't have to be big things or story line things, but regulated building projects for individuals.
An interesting idea, sir. Not sure how efficiently that would work for the staff. But definitely a possibility. I think that guild HQ requests should come back anyway, so GMs can tend to it if the Builder rank isn't created.
If this rank seems unreasonable, perhaps this could be an idea to expand the main Storyteller idea.
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Seawulf</dt><dd>Sep 1 2014, 08:31:11 PM</dd></dl><div>An interesting idea, sir. Not sure how efficiently that would work for the staff. But definitely a possibility. I think that guild HQ requests should come back anyway, so GMs can tend to it if the Builder rank isn't created.[/quote]This I voice.
Up to rest of the staff, but I will need to implement automatic DB backup just in case and fix some spawning bugs, so I don't have to restart server whenever faulty NPC or GO is spawned, perhaps implement additional monitoring systems so higher-level staff can keep track of builders/mods/storytellers easier.
Up to the rest of the staff but I along with what Aze would have to do, you would have to have a Gm sit down with them show them the commands make sure they aren't going to going to abuse them for personal gain.etc

The whole idea of a builder comes in to use when a server lacks enough staff to keep up with demand... which in my personal option we have plenty of staff members... and more hypothetical time for gm's to build then ever.
Personally I don't see how this is necessary, we have plenty of staff capable of building things. In my experience the builder rank was more used to create undocumented cities and such.
I don't think this is necessary. I can't see how there will be such a demand for custom-built things that a whole rank is required for it..
Indeed, not sure if a whole new rank is necessary for that, but Guild HQ requests should definitely come back in any case. I believe either GMs or Storytellers are capable of tending to that need.
Builder rank should be a thing. If people want to spawn their own stuff, they should be able to apply for a position that allows them to do that,even if just temporarily. Shouldn't have to rely on staff to construct their own houses and their little slices of the world.

Lots of people would greatly benefit from this. Doubt it will be abused - we don't have people of that sort on the server.
Well I personally vote for this just because of the sole fact I can be picky and specific how I envision things. Spawning my events has made them 10 times better in my opinion because they're more detailed and visual. So being able to spawn things like in Surwich/ the beach would be nice. And the second reason why I like it is because it does sometimes feel like when you ask a GM to build you're annoying them or causing an inconvenience if you're too detailed, which I can understand. For me personally I'd love this, but others have opinions too
Another issue is really that we can't trust non-staff members to make reasonable creations. People can do <I><s></s>"stupid RP"<e></e></I> if they feel like but it becomes hard to ignore when they start changing and adding things to the world. I honestly believe it's better if staff members moderate all building.
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Pimp daddy Racar</dt><dd>Sep 5 2014, 05:06:31 AM</dd></dl><div>Well I personally vote for this just because of the sole fact I can be picky and specific how I envision things. Spawning my events has made them 10 times better in my opinion because they're more detailed and visual. So being able to spawn things like in Surwich/ the beach would be nice. And the second reason why I like it is because it does sometimes feel like when you ask a GM to build you're annoying them or causing an inconvenience if you're too detailed, which I can understand. For me personally I'd love this, but others have opinions too[/quote]That's a very good point.

yakobthemoose

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Jaf</dt><dd>Sep 5 2014, 05:15:36 AM</dd></dl><div>Another issue is really that we can't trust non-staff members to make reasonable creations. People can do <I><s></s>"stupid RP"<e></e></I> if they feel like but it becomes hard to ignore when they start changing and adding things to the world. I honestly believe it's better if staff members moderate all building. [/quote]This is pretty much it. What people say they're going to spawn and what they actually spawn can be really different. Asking a GM to spawn things for you allows them to keep an eye on what gets made, and it stops things from getting too out of hand.

And they shouldn't feel bothered, unless they were in the middle of something or just can't devote that much time, about spawning things for you, as that's pretty much their job. It's part of managing the server. If you ask often, or are being irrationally picky about how things are spawned, then they might have cause to be a little annoyed with you.

All in all, I think it's a pretty redundant position that would really only serve to boost Epeen cuz muh staff rank and muh secret lair so detail very wow.
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Jaf</dt><dd>Sep 5 2014, 05:15:36 AM</dd></dl><div>Another issue is really that we can't trust non-staff members to make reasonable creations. People can do <I><s></s>"stupid RP"<e></e></I> if they feel like but it becomes hard to ignore when they start changing and adding things to the world. I honestly believe it's better if staff members moderate all building. [/quote]You missed the part where I mentioned that the builders would get the details first. The application must have details of exactly what you want in hopes it might come and then after it is done, a GM inspects it to see if it's up to code.

Either way, I don't see this having support so it's cool.
Pages: 1 2