WoW Freedom

Full Version: Character Profiles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So recently a lot of people have been worried and or upset about there being no RP profile add-on support in our future MoP. I have a solution! Profiles! Here is an example as to what I am refereeing, this is my main character on an old server that currently is no longer up. [url="http://ascendance-rp.com/web/index.php/wod-profiles.html?guid=1820"><s>http://ascendance-rp.com/web/index.php/ ... ?guid=1820">http://ascendance-rp.com/web/index.php/wod-profiles.html?guid=1820[/url]

Something like this would be great when someone asks to know stuff about your character you can just link them this with a shortened url link. I understand we have a forum section for profiles now, but something like this to make it look nice and neat for MoP would be nice I think.
hell yeah this would be awesome imo (wiki nerd)

I -think- Aze was planning to do this on the [url="http://wowfreedom-rp.com/status"><s></s>online list, but obviously he has other stuff on his shoulders atm
As long as they aren't mandatory, I think profiles are generally a good thing. Permits people to tell what they will about their characters in a location specifically dedicated to it. Good for quick-reference and fleshing the character out. I know people have been talking about using a Wiki more for these purposes, so I can hope that the Wiki gets off the ground and gets more popular as a replacement.
Yea, I am spread too thin, so I can't focus on that at the moment. Wiki should take care of that, though.
A wiki would work too, I think. Personally though I don't intend to write any character histories again... that took way too long and every time I look back on them I cringe.

<small><small><small><small><small><small><small>shard of freedom</small></small></small></small></small></small></small>
I think wiki is more hardcore. Simple profiles would be nice, but I guess you could make a simple wiki page and it would be more convenient atm

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;"><div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;"><div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;"><div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;"><div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;"><div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;"><small><small><small><small><small><small><small>shard of freedom</small></small></small></small></small></small></small></div></div></div></div></div></div>
I probably won't be using it for anything other than appearance sadly.
I'd second the wiki idea. On CotH it was my main resource for looking up cross-faction profiles since my version of TRP didn't support reading their ingame ones. Of course that was only really convenient because it was mandatory, and since it would be optional here I bet basically nobody would use it. That's the drawback of any out-of-game solutions.

But what's the problem with addons? Is it that addon communication doesn't work cross-faction?
I do fancy the idea with a new wiki, since nobody uses the old one <small><small>(except for me.. and a handful of others).</small></small>
My suggestion is just using the old wiki, putting it under Freedom WoW Links, and have people edit their old profiles and add new ones - that way the wiki has more of a sense of history as opposed to just making a new one.
What geoni said
Keep in mind the current wiki isn't owned by anyone who is still on the server, making it an easy target for attacks on pages. It's also littered with characters were unlikely to ever see again.

I'm also unsure how up to date it is. Custom input (putting in new commands etc) for the wiki would also need to be done by an admin, which as I stated before doesn't exist

I mean I have moderator on it so I can do basic admin tools (editing main page, locking pages) but just saying if staff wanted for them to be in control of that stuff